A major event in Florence, the Scoppio del Carro, or the “explosion of the cart”, dates back almost 400 years. An elaborate wagon built in 1622 and standing two to three stories high is dragged through Florence behind a fleet of white oxen decorated in garlands to the square between the Baptistry and Cathedral. The cart, properly rigged with a suitable arsenal of fireworks, awaits a dove-shaped rocket (symbolising the Holy Spirit) from the Cathedral altar which sets off a ferocious dance of fire on impact. In old tradition, a big bang meant a good harvest.
- On July 17th, the Musart Festival returns to Piazza della Santissima Annunziata
- Until the 11th of August at the Piazzale degli Uffizi, the outdoor cinema is back
- 1st July – Sunday at the State Museum
- From June 27th IQA Quidditch World Cup 2018
- June 24 Fireworks of Saint John – “Fochi” di San Giovanni