A major event in Florence, the Scoppio del Carro, or the “explosion of the cart”, dates back almost 400 years. An elaborate wagon built in 1622 and standing two to three stories high is dragged through Florence behind a fleet of white oxen decorated in garlands to the square between the Baptistry and Cathedral. The cart, properly rigged with a suitable arsenal of fireworks, awaits a dove-shaped rocket (symbolising the Holy Spirit) from the Cathedral altar which sets off a ferocious dance of fire on impact. In old tradition, a big bang meant a good harvest.
- WORK IN PROGRESS from the 15th January to the 2nd February 2018
- Florence – PITTI IMMAGINE – from Jan 9th to 26th – Celebrating Fashion for everyone
- Sunday 7th January 2018 – Free Museums in Florence
- 6th of January 2018, FlorenceThe Cavalcade of the Magi, the Wise Men
- 2018 NEW YEAR’s EVE FLORENCE – PROGRAMME