Santa Maria Novella’s museum is primed for a major upgrade with the incorporation of the Caserma Mameli, the large portion of the Domenican complex facing the train station, previously occupied by the Scuola Marescialli e Brigadieri dei Carabinieri. From December 15 to January 15, 2017, a special preview of the space will be offered before it officially becomes part of the museum complex. Enjoy the chance to explore its Chiostro Grande, which vaunts a famous fresco cycle, or take a peek inside the monks’ former sleeping quarters and the Cappella del Papa.
- From September 29th to 30th the Wired Next Fest comes back to Florence
- “Steve McCurry, icons” – Villa Bardini – Florence
- Ferragosto 2018, museums open in Florence
- 5 August 2018 – Free visits to the Museums and to the state archeological areas
- On July 17th, the Musart Festival returns to Piazza della Santissima Annunziata