Santa Maria Novella’s museum is primed for a major upgrade with the incorporation of the Caserma Mameli, the large portion of the Domenican complex facing the train station, previously occupied by the Scuola Marescialli e Brigadieri dei Carabinieri. From December 15 to January 15, 2017, a special preview of the space will be offered before it officially becomes part of the museum complex. Enjoy the chance to explore its Chiostro Grande, which vaunts a famous fresco cycle, or take a peek inside the monks’ former sleeping quarters and the Cappella del Papa.
- 19th May 2018 – European Museum Night – nightly revenue at 1 euro
- DJ Ten – May 13th in Florence
- May 6th, 2018 – Free entry to the civic museums for the Metropolitan Sunday
- From Saturday 21st April to Tuesday 1st May 2018 – from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Fortezza Da Basso – Florence
- Gelato Festival 2018 at the Piazzale Michelangelo from 20th to 22nd of April