Santa Maria Novella’s museum is primed for a major upgrade with the incorporation of the Caserma Mameli, the large portion of the Domenican complex facing the train station, previously occupied by the Scuola Marescialli e Brigadieri dei Carabinieri. From December 15 to January 15, 2017, a special preview of the space will be offered before it officially becomes part of the museum complex. Enjoy the chance to explore its Chiostro Grande, which vaunts a famous fresco cycle, or take a peek inside the monks’ former sleeping quarters and the Cappella del Papa.
- SANTA MONACA HOSTEL ADVISES: Saturday 18th May evening admission to the museums for free
- SANTA MONACA HOSTEL ADVISES: DISCOUNTS AT THE SANTA MONACA HOSTEL FOR ALL OF 2019
- SANTA MONACA HOSTEL ADVISES: Lo Scoppio del Carro
- SANTA MONACA HOSTEL ADVISES: Piazzale Michelangelo: the Gelato Festival is back
- SANTA MONACA HOSTEL ADVISES: Sunday, March 24, 2019 – Free admission to the Uffizi, Boboli and Pitti Palace