Santa Maria Novella’s museum is primed for a major upgrade with the incorporation of the Caserma Mameli, the large portion of the Domenican complex facing the train station, previously occupied by the Scuola Marescialli e Brigadieri dei Carabinieri. From December 15 to January 15, 2017, a special preview of the space will be offered before it officially becomes part of the museum complex. Enjoy the chance to explore its Chiostro Grande, which vaunts a famous fresco cycle, or take a peek inside the monks’ former sleeping quarters and the Cappella del Papa.
- Fortezza Antiquaria – Vittorio Veneto square – Florence 18 -19 November 2017
- Sunday 5th November – Free Museums in Florence
- HOT AIR BALLOON FESTIVAL- Florence- 28th-29th October & 4th-5th November 2017
- 58 Festival dei Popoli – Florence October 10th – 17th, 2017
- Sunday 1st October – Free museums in Florence