Santa Maria Novella’s museum is primed for a major upgrade with the incorporation of the Caserma Mameli, the large portion of the Domenican complex facing the train station, previously occupied by the Scuola Marescialli e Brigadieri dei Carabinieri. From December 15 to January 15, 2017, a special preview of the space will be offered before it officially becomes part of the museum complex. Enjoy the chance to explore its Chiostro Grande, which vaunts a famous fresco cycle, or take a peek inside the monks’ former sleeping quarters and the Cappella del Papa.
- November 13th, 2018 – Free concert dedicated to Rossini in the Basilica of Santa Croce
- Sunday 4 November 2018 – Free museums
- Halloween Run in Florence on October 31, 2018
- In Florence the Balloon Festival 2018 returns to the Visarno Hippodrome until October 21st
- The International Ceramics Fair from 6th to 7th October 2018 – Florence – Piazza Santissima Annunziata