Santa Maria Novella’s museum is primed for a major upgrade with the incorporation of the Caserma Mameli, the large portion of the Domenican complex facing the train station, previously occupied by the Scuola Marescialli e Brigadieri dei Carabinieri. From December 15 to January 15, 2017, a special preview of the space will be offered before it officially becomes part of the museum complex. Enjoy the chance to explore its Chiostro Grande, which vaunts a famous fresco cycle, or take a peek inside the monks’ former sleeping quarters and the Cappella del Papa.
- SANTA MONACA HOSTEL ADVISES: New Year 2019: the “Concertone at Piazzale Michelangelo” with Renga and Baby K
- SANTA MONACA HOSTEL ADVISES: Florence Light Festival 2018 – the festival that illuminates Christmas in Florence
- Santa Monaca Hostel advises: the Weihnachtsmarkt Christmas market from November 28th in Piazza Santa Croce in Florence
- Hostel Santa Monaca advises: November 25th – Florence Marathon 2018
- November 13th, 2018 – Free concert dedicated to Rossini in the Basilica of Santa Croce